The Lotsa General Manager manages his or her restaurant; delivering strong results by developing our People, Process, and Profits. The GM should have the ability to see the “Big Picture” of running a business. They will be responsible for developing our people, adhere to our processes, and deliver sales and controls for strong profit. A Lotsa GM acts according to our company values and follows our standard operating procedures and policies.
ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attracts customers by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and customer service; initiating improvements; and building relationships with preferred customers.
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains operations by enforcing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy restaurant by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Achieves company goals by accepting ownership for completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The GM should establish a restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Staff and schedule appropriately to manage labor costs.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring cash controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of at least 2 years as a General Manager in a restaurant or retail environment with P&L responsibility.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent (4 year degree and/or course work in restaurant management a plus).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights (Including Late Nights), weekends and holidays (50+ Hours per Week).
- As a requirement of the position, all General Managers must be trained and pass a Food Safety, and Alcohol Safety Certification course.
- Must have financial literacy. Ability to understand financial reports.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of computers (software & hardware), Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of labor laws, health codes, safe food handling and sanitation, safety and security systems and procedures.
- Organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Track record for team building and effective management techniques.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Required to work in different range of climates (Warm/Cold).
- Need to be able to tolerate different allergens: Peanuts, Egg, Dairy, Gluten, Soy, Seafood, and Shellfish
- Must be able to stand 9-10 hours a day on average
KEEP UP WITH US
Sign up to get exclusive news & deals from LOTSA delivered right to your inbox.